Monday, January 16, 2012

My first camera: A Kodak Brownie Starmite


Cleaning up, going through old boxes to prepare for a move, I found my old camera, my very first. I think I got it at a flea market at the local church.

Incredibly cheap, incredibly plastic, uses flash bulbs made by nobody any more and film that you have to develop yourself these days.

Not the best camera in the world. I'd always mess up putting the film in and the first couple shots would always have some light damage. Blurry pictures. Pictures taken in too much or too little light.

I was better at it when I did some photo projects with it in grade school; I think that's probably the last time I used it. My phone takes better pictures. My phone took the picture to the left.

And yet I would still like to try it out, see what the prints look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment